Site Wiki: The Never Ending Battle Apr 10, 2016 11:04:50 GMT -5
Post by Headmistress Kire on Apr 10, 2016 11:04:50 GMT -5
So time and time again we try to face the wiki and all of the daunting empty or non-existent pages and we make a bit of headway before everything falls lapse again.
Or, throwback to the old days, we lose a bunch of pages thanks to an update.This often occurs because either the staff, very busy people already, try to run it, or little groups of members try to tackle this massive project on their own. In the end, lack of time, lack of organization, or lack of apparent progress grinds the whole process to a halt and the wiki lays dormant again for a good long time.
It's time to put an end to that.
As such, I would like to announce that the Veteran Members are going to try once more to face the wiki in an attempt to give things a good shove forward.
What does this mean for you? Well, that depends on what role you play in all this.
If you own a tribute or victor, there is nothing required of you in order for this to happen. Instead, I only ask that you let me or one of the other Vet Members know if you do not want someone to work on your tributes page. This can also be accomplished by creating their page and marking it in some way saying that you wish to complete it yourself. If you do not take either of these actions, someone will fill out your tribute's page.
If you are interested in assisting us with filling out the wiki, please join the slack channel ( #site-wiki ). Additionally, I would ask that you make sure to DM or PM Myself or one of the other Vet Members with a couple pieces of information, as follows:
- Do you have a preference for what type of page you wish to work on?
- How much time will you be able to dedicate to the wiki per week?
We won't turn any help away, as we need as much as we can get, but it would be best if we know how to organize everyone. In this case, organization is key.
If you haven't had a tribute, or don't mind if someone else writes their page for them, or if you don't feel like joining in that's fine. I would just like to say that if you have chosen not to join in - there is no time limit, you can always sign up - please do not work on the wiki. Having someone come in and work on things, even if they are simply trying to be helpful, can cause a lot of confusion. If you want to work on the wiki then please join us so that we all know what each other is doing, but please don't make things more complicated by only chipping in now and again without warning.
1. This is not mandatory in any way, don't feel that you have to participate.
2. You can join at any time, just as you can stop at any time. I only ask that you let a vet member know.
3. Thank you to all of the people who are interested in helping out.
4. Below this post will be a list of the participating people and which Vet Member they will be talking to about the pages the will work on. If you don't see your name or if I have put you down for working on the wrong pages, please let me know.
Kire + Veteran Members