This Games the relative of a former Victor will be reaped as part of a series of punishments and threats against all four Victors following the events of the 4th Games. This is intended to enforce the cooperation of the Victors both now and in the future, particularly as Games PR increases to rebrand it as a kind of sport and Victors begin to be treated as minor celebrities. Please see the posts below for details on relatives of Victors that have been volunteered for potential creation.
Additionally, D4F and D4M will each receive a 2 point starting health advantage. There will be no other combat or survival advantages these Games.
The writers of the Victor-relative, the D4 tributes, and one name-sake of a modern day tribute will be selected randomly via the Reaping, similar to the selection of Rebels and other special characters in the past.
Can the Victor and their related tribute have a thread together?
The Victor may bribe the guards on the train or sneak past them in order to spend time with the tribute. This is technically not allowed, so you may also write about getting caught and getting in trouble for it afterwards.
Once they have arrived in the Capitol there will be too many guards and handlers to arrange a way to see each other. It will not be possible to visit the tribute in their holding cell.
Otherwise you may freely write together about any events from BEFORE the Reaping.
Is the Victor-related tribute allowed to win the Games?
Yes, this tribute is eligible to win the 5th Games. Their relationship to the Victor will not affect their odds of survival.
Adder Ames, District Two, Victor of the 1st Games // timeline
Aya would be super enthusiastic about blitzing, blurbing, or doing some general yelling about the dynamics here <3 also very happy to pull the bits about the siblings / their shared history from the Adder posts she has written about them in if it's helpful!
Talia Ames — 16. Adder's youngest sister.
* Troublemaker. * Be gay do crime, I think I will cause problems on purpose, etc. * The coolest of the Ames sisters and knows it. * No, seriously. Does Adder know how to skateboard? Thought not. * Was close with their dad — always captivated by his art. * Restores some of his graffiti when it gets cleaned up or tagged over, even if she's not on his level yet. * Still extremely fucked up about her dad getting executed in front of her. * Gets into anarchist punk mischief. * Hates the Capitol. Has no desire to fight in a war. * Lacks revolutionary discipline, doesn't feel the least bit guilty about that. * Still thinks it's weird that strangers will try to make small talk about her sister to her. * Favorite memory: her dad putting her up on his shoulders so she can put his stencil up in a higher place. * Love language: dunking on you.
When Adder was gone during the war:
* Spent 40% of the time being a huge headache for Violet, and at least 3% of the time teaching Starlight swear words. * Became the enforcer of the family — when situations got potentially dangerous, Violet tried to give people the benefit of the doubt which made her too slow to react to threats. Talia bit first and asked questions later. * Got good at stealing things — from the Capitol given the choice, but had no qualms about lifting what she needed from the rebels. If the revolution was anything like their dad talked about, they would be glad to be aiding people in need. * This did get some of her fingers broken by a peacekeeper once.
Sibling Dynamics: It's complicated:
* Ends up having to mediate between Adder and Violet. * This is really fucking rich because she might be the only person who's more stubborn than Adder, and despite by-and-large being a pacifist, Violet is the world-champion grudge-holder. * Extra funny when they're up in each other's faces and Talia has to physically separate them, considering both her sisters are a head taller than her. (She totally doesn't have a complex about it.) * Philosophically she tends to agree more with Adder about most things. * Even if she's aware on some level that Adder puts them in danger just by existing — let alone starting to get rebel shit going in their living room again — she's sixteen so as far as she's concerned she's functionally immortal. * But, like Violet, still harbors some degree of resentment about Adder leaving them behind to go play soldier. * Her default is antagonizing Violet. * But Violet is also functionally her parent, and she was the one who got them through the war that Adder was off fighting, and though Talia would never admit it but she does look up to her. * So: It's complicated.
Starlight Ames — 12. Adder's brother.:
* The baby of the family and his sisters still sort of treat him like one. * It's okay. He knows it's just because they care. * He's only known the world in ruins, so sometimes he thinks he might be better adjusted to it than them. * But if it makes his sisters feel better to try to protect him from things, he isn't going to stop them. Even though he's pretty sure he can handle whatever it is they're trying to keep him away from. * He wishes they wouldn't fight so much, but he understands why they do. All three of them are a little stubborn, and a little scared, and just want what's best for the family. * Maybe it's easier for him to take things in stride because he's never really had to make important decisions like them. Or because he doesn't really remember having other family — just his sisters.
* Introspective, quiet. * Considering he was born in troubled times, a year or so before all-out war, there aren't many kids around his age in the neighborhood. * It's okay. He's never really known how to bond with the other kids anyway. He's starting to think he might be a little too weird for them.
* All of his friends are old ladies. * With most of the adults and even the teenagers involved in the war effort — manufacturing for one side or the other even if they hadn't taken up arms themselves — and his guardians being an overwhelmed preteen and the nine-year-old she was trying to keep from teaching him swear words, Starlight spent a lot of his childhood on porch swings hanging out with the neighborhood grandmas. * They laugh at most of what he says, even if he wasn't trying to be funny, then shake their heads and call him an old soul. He's not sure he knows what they mean or what the joke was supposed to be, but they don't seem like they're making fun of him, and besides, it's nice to hear someone laughing, and it feels nice to laugh along with them too.
* It's a good match. He's always been a good listener, and they've got plenty of stories and no one else to tell them to. Sometimes they repeat themselves. It's okay. That just means it's one of their favorites to tell. * They'd swap knowledge. He'd teach them secret handshakes and the new swears that Talia taught him and summarize the plot of each of the comic books that Adder left behind. He'd learn how to make quilts out of old scraps, how to play dominoes or bridge or canasta, how to arrange flowers, how to hand-roll herb cigarettes, how to waltz. * It stopped feeling like he was getting babysat when he started getting invited to bingo nights. * Starlight Ames: the life of the bingo hall.
* Given his popularity with the over-80 crowd, he thinks he's buried as many friends as Adder has.
* Prized possession: A box full of handwritten recipes that have been dictated to him over the years by his bingo squad. Thanks to supply shortages even this long after the war, they've never been able to make most of them. He aspires to someday. Starting with the soup section — soup is easy for a beginner. They promised. * Love language: being so genuinely understanding that you feel kind of guilty about it.
Samiyuq Hernández, District Five, Victor of the 2nd Games
Babe Adroxis, District Nine, Victor of the 3rd Games // timeline
Ele is down to blurb out past interactions for content with both! Losing Baron would hurt babe especially if they never got to repair to their relationship. Losing Kana would also hurt Babe because she’s the last family he truly feels close to.
Baron Adroxis, 15, Babe's cousin:
15 years old and always older than he feels, Baron harbours admiration for Babe but just as much resentment. Because of Babe, the Adroxis name holds glory but it is also dangerous to be an Adroxis. He can’t go anywhere without feeling like he’s being watched. His father taught him how to shoot when he was young but Baron lost his right leg from his knee down after being separated from Cy and Babe one mission. After that, he was kept out of combat while he recovered. He’s secretly glad for this as his family made it out whole while Babe lost everything.
Baron is innocent enough to not be fully tied to the rebellion and sheltered enough to not believe in it so much anymore. He can’t see why Babe is still fighting as he feels it puts everyone in danger so that’s where the resentment comes from. (And you know, his awol leg!) He needs a wake up call to either get him resisting or to traumatize him into obedience. While he and Babe used to be close due to their ages, there’s been a schism between them for the last four years.
Kana Adroxis, 13, Babe's cousin:
13 years old and too mature for her age, Kana is like the little sister that Babe always wished he had. Bright and shining, she holds that Adroxis brilliance in the palm of her hand. She takes after her mother, Eun Hye, and works with her in the Adroxis factory designing new guns. She can take apart a gun and put it back together with her eyes shut. Kana is one of the first people that was there to greet Babe after his games and has always been there for him. Baron is her older brother and best friend, but Babe and her have a special connection.
Kana doesn’t believe in the rebellion, to her it’s a lost cause, but she does believe in Babe. She’s also had the benefit of growing up with two loving parents and is just a little too young to remember the dark days. A wake up call like the games could forge her in fire or absolutely break her, your choice.
Mohamed al-Amin, District Five, Victor of the 4th Games // timeline
Ahmed al-Amin, 13, brother:
We protecc Ahmed <3 Sorry, he is not available as a tribute, but send Lance love and compliments anyway.